[Tortise] A Photo as the tortise crawls... 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortise

Mar 12, 2008
Commonwealth
Finally decided to take the plunge and try to join the APAD movement... hope to keep the momentum up for 2010!

Hope to take more photos, post more, and improve more. Do feel free to comment and suggest areas for improvement! Happy 2010 everyone!

4233089439_c1cc804607_b.jpg

1st January 2010

My first try using my newly acquired Hoya NDx400 filter! I think i am getting to love it more and more!:bsmilie:​

#2 - Yishun Dam
4235370525_8dc93aa60d_b.jpg

2nd January 2010

Taken at Yishun Dam. Still using the ND400 filter, but not enough cloud movement or movement in the waters to make a difference. Think perhaps i need to find a river or coast...

#3 - Mummy's Creation
4240119415_63003a475d_b.jpg

3rd January 2010

Didn't go out taking photos today, so took a photo of my mum's new dish instead, diced meat, chestnuts, carrots, mushrooms wrapped in cabbage leaves. She was mighty happy when i showed her this photo! :)

Last edited:
4233089439_c1cc804607_b.jpg

1st January 2010

Nice use of ND400. Happy 2010!

ps: dust bunnies detected...:)

Thanks for the kind comments! I still have lots to learn...

yeah got quite a few dust spots, will be sending camera for sensor cleaning soon but going on short weekend trip so likely doing so after that!

Happy 2010 too and keep up the great work on the minimalist thread!:bsmilie:

photo #3 'Mummy's creation' - *drool* definitely looks delicious.

#4 - Bedtime
4245056390_6ddc460931_o.jpg

4th January 2010

Already starting to find it hard to take a nice photo a day already... luckily saw my wife's soft toy looking sheepishly at me as though asking for a photo. So here's my model and first portrait posting!

#5 - Let Love Light the Way
4248183364_65f02286bb_b.jpg

5th January 2010

Once again couldn't go out taking photos since I reached home so late... decided to take a photo of an interesting part of my room that my wife and I "DIY"-ed when we painted the room earlier this year. 2 hearts (retaining the previous coat of paint's color) above our old HDB light switch to remind us... :heart::heart:first thing the light fills the room and last thing before the lights go out.

really interesting wall u have there... :)

very nice mix of colors.

nice shot.

nice to see more long exposures here in cs. there is haloing on the grass for 2 jan, too much lifting of the shadows?

nice to see more long exposures here in cs. there is haloing on the grass for 2 jan, too much lifting of the shadows?

Thanks for commenting! i've seen alot of the photos you posted on long exposures as well as other CS folks, hopefully i've picked up enough to start off on decent footing, but long way to catch up.:) You're right about the haloing, i didn't really notice the effect when bringing out the shadows... another point into the book to note for pp. ;p

Hope to be able to get out and take more such shots soon!

lovely wall...nice compo..;)

Thanks! i like the wall very much too! A moment of inspiration during the painting process but the execution not that well, as seen from the jagged edges of the heart... masking tape didn't stop the paint from seeping in...:sweat:

#6 Growth

4250242141_d82b9a5d76.jpg

6th January 2010

Thought I might be home late again today and run out of things to take around the house, so i grabbed a few shots in the morning before leaving for work. This one out of the balcony where we had a few hanging plants. Enhanced the glow in pp, but hoped to achieve a more high key effect so left it a little more surreal.

Last edited:
i love "let love light the way". it's simple shots with seemingly nothing much in the photo that have the potential to be powerful!

i love "let love light the way". it's simple shots with seemingly nothing much in the photo that have the potential to be powerful!

Thanks candycaine, for your kind comments!:)

#7 - Pulau Bukom
4253285683_c8344e5df6_b.jpg

7th January 2010

Snapped a shot out of my office window this evening with my trusty Sony T-30. Pulau Bukom in the evening light does still retain some charm despite its industrial purpose.

#8 - Rainbow
4255970151_c659eb2088_o.jpg

8th January 2010

Sudden rainbow in the late afternoon in the office. Times like these we really appreciate the phrase "The best camera is the one you have with you at the moment". Taken with my trusty Sony T-30 that i always have with me. :bsmilie:

Will be away for 3 days in phuket, and will catch up for the missed day's posts (hopefully with some photos from Phuket!)
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.