[Snowywolf] - A photo when my heart allows [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your deliberate explanation. :)

when i shoot portrait, i always think of bokeh and shallow dof. a 85mm has 10m and a 135mm has 12m next to infinity. what is the figure next to infinity in your 125mm macro?

some of your photos have slight underexposure. is exposure manual too?

try to use flash other than pop up flash. i will be getting a second flash to add on to my skyports and light stands and reflector. manual flash at same distance, same aperture, same power, same flash iso, same flash focal length will give consistent exposure.

Bokeh is very creamy from insect until 1 metre tall kid. Do you have a sharp full body (adult) photo using 125mm ? ;p

hmm...how did i miss lit' baby blondie? compo, colours, lighting, bokeh, sharpness....all perfect. the voigtl is one heck of a lens, but kudos to the photog for using it with great skill. :
-deep blushes-
i'm just blessed with a good weather, a wonderful lens, a cute baby and many great photographer friends who are there to guide me along.. not forgetting, an affordable and good camera :)
oh my 'KayDee'.

your voigtlander 125mm is really a very nice lens, great photos..without PP some more..
...amazing lens + amazing photographer = perfect:)
-deep deep blushes-
there are many misses along the way, but i'm happy that some of them turned out pretty alright for posting and developing.
when it comes to comparing with all your professional shots, i fall short of the standards.

:eek: wow, right out of camera somemore... nice capture and crisp sharp. same setting with the 50mm 1.4? if so, it sure makes the 50mm 1.4 look bad:
heehee, i think it's worth every penny that was spent.
it's well known for it's creamy bokeh (for voigtl)
the 50mm 1.4 can also produce such great pics, i'm sorry i didn't do justice to it.
some of the other pentaxians were able to bring out the best in that lens.
regrets that i'm not able to show ya the best for the 50mm 1.4

thanks for your deliberate explanation. :)

when i shoot portrait, i always think of bokeh and shallow dof. a 85mm has 10m and a 135mm has 12m next to infinity. what is the figure next to infinity in your 125mm macro?

it's 5?
some of your photos have slight underexposure. is exposure manual too?
-smiles-
i'm using a manual flash with no TTL. When i'm doing portraits outside, i don't use flash unless necessary. yup, some of the shots are under sometimes. Like they always say, always better to be under than over. :)

try to use flash other than pop up flash. i will be getting a second flash to add on to my skyports and light stands and reflector. manual flash at same distance, same aperture, same power, same flash iso, same flash focal length will give consistent exposure.
maybe can learn how to do a set up from ya and when my budget allows or when i'm heading towards taking portraits mostly, i might get it.

Bokeh is very creamy from insect until 1 metre tall kid. Do you have a sharp full body (adult) photo using 125mm ? ;p
i might have a half body 2 people, will have to look thru my list again
cheers!

:)
thought the flower at the back provided a nice "shadow" image :)
oh, i get what ya mean
-smile smile-

5 metre is better than mine, only 3 metre. based on http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/portrait-lenses.htm, 5 metre with 125mm, it is good for half body.

my skyport (radio trigger) should arrives this week. if you are free on sunday, i want to learn macro from you. where to look for insects? bring your manual flash. non TTL flash can high sync. "As long as there is not a TTL-capable flash connected to the camera - either on the hot shoe or with a TTL cord - you are good to go. So, if you are using a Pocket Wizard or a sync cord, your flash will sync above 1/500th." http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/05/hacking-your-cameras-sync-speed-pt-1.html

some of your photos lack contrast. some look good without contrast. ;)

it's 5?

-smiles-
i'm using a manual flash with no TTL. When i'm doing portraits outside, i don't use flash unless necessary. yup, some of the shots are under sometimes. Like they always say, always better to be under than over. :)

maybe can learn how to do a set up from ya and when my budget allows or when i'm heading towards taking portraits mostly, i might get it.

i might have a half body 2 people, will have to look thru my list again
cheers!

oh, i get what ya mean
-smile smile-

my skyport (radio trigger) should arrives this week. if you are free on sunday, i want to learn macro from you. where to look for insects?
learn macro from me? -blushes-
i'm not there yet to teach ppl how to shoot macro. -smiles-
where to look for insects? anywhere here in singapore. a garden (SBG is a good place to start) but basically anywhere.

some of your photos lack contrast. some look good without contrast. ;)

:embrass:
i try not to use flash as much as possible. actually, i dont like to use flash.
heehee..

25042008​
CityNightShots-19thJune200762007061.jpg
:: they said that there'll be light at the end of the tunnel.. they lied ::​
f/4 exp 1/60s ISO 200 Pentax K10D + kit​

25042008​
CityNightShots-19thJune200762007061.jpg
:: they said that there'll be light at the end of the tunnel.. they lied ::​
f/4 exp 1/60s ISO 200 Pentax K10D + kit​

The tunnel beneath Anderson Bridge? Yeah there's a light...a bit only but have...so it's true..haha

27042008​
IMGP0088-1.jpg
:: ahhh... been spotted!.. -eyes wide open- ::​
f/5.6 exp 1/180s ISO 100 Pentax K10D + Voigtl 125mm macro apo (manual)​

Nice capture.

Not much female doing macro.

29042008​
IMGP0034p-1.jpg
:: small gulp, yellow Sluuuuuurrrrrrpeeeeee.. Slurps!! ::​
f/4.5 exp 1/500s ISO 800 Pentax K10D + Voigtl 125mm macro apo (manual)​

30042008​
IMGP0035.jpg
:: i'm eating in the rain, i'm eating in the rain! it's such a wonderful feeling, i'm eating in the rain! ::​
f/2.4 exp 1/180s ISO 100 Pentax K10D + Voigtl 125mm macro apo (manual)​

wa, nice shot. a bit of a pity for the oof thing in front though.. also very hard to clone away.

but still, i like it :)

wa, nice shot. a bit of a pity for the oof thing in front though.. also very hard to clone away.

but still, i like it :)

thanks dear..
heehee.. when u get less bz.. maybe u see if u can clone it away.. =0)
then, it'd be just nice..
-giggles-

now we WAIT.. -winks-
u know wat i mean..

02052008​
IMGP0067copy.jpg
:: a fragment of someone else's past - engraved, etched, un-erasable ::​

i have always enjoy your work....good job....cant wait for your next photo....cheerios....

i have always enjoy your work....good job....cant wait for your next photo....cheerios....

-smiles-
thanks Hoodywoody.. have been busy lately..
i'm glad u enjoyed the pics..

11052008​
IMGP0030pprs.jpg
:: the descent of the angels from above ::​

Status
Not open for further replies.