Favourites of APAD (discussion)

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
To encourage more active participation in the APAD project, starting from next week,
SUs of APAD will start posting pictures selected weekly from APAD to showcase some
of the excellent works done by participating members.

Pictures will be selected from all members' postings (except SUs')

For example, starting next week, SUs will select pictures posted in APAD within the
week from 4th Jun to 10th Jun.

Each of the 3 SUs in APAD will select up to 3 pictures to post inside this thread.

All members are also invited to nominate pictures to put inside this thread. Nomination
will be done via private message to any of the 3 SUs in APAD. Members may wish to
include (not compulsory) in the nomination a short statement of why they choose the
picture(s) as well. In event of high number of nominations, the top 5 with most
nominations for the week will be posted.

This thread will remain open to gather opinions from all participating members,
afterwhich this thread will be closed and be reserved for showcasing of selected
works only.

Looking forward to everyone's participation.

:cheers:

eikin, ortega, zaren

Members' Nominations

A.

Nominations for each week will be accepted from Sunday till
2359 hr of the Tuesday
that follows.

e.g. nominations for this week (4th Jun to 10th Jun) will be
accepted from 10th Jun to 12th Jun (before midnight)

B.

Each member can nominate a maximum of 3 pictures per week.

Please send nominations via private message to any of the
APAD SUs (eikin/ortega/zaren) in the following format

private message:

1. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]
2. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]
3. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]

C.

5 pictures with the most number of nominations will be posted
in a separate picture thread by the Friday that follow.

e.g. nominations for this week will be posted by 15th Jun

great idea! :thumbsup:

Very good idea!

I personally think that SUs should be included as well, zaren and eikin (well those are the 2 I've seen, I can't remember who else is a SU or not) produce very good works that shouldn't be left out of the picture too!

Very good idea!

I personally think that SUs should be included as well, zaren and eikin (well those are the 2 I've seen, I can't remember who else is a SU or not) produce very good works that shouldn't be left out of the picture too!
microcosm? his shooting style is pretty unique as well.

microcosm? his shooting style is pretty unique as well.

Oh yeah, how can forget my pushing-child-into-pond friend?

Yes, microcosm too! :embrass: Hope he doesn't see this and hantum me for forgetting.

Very good idea!

Just to clarify:

SU's pics are excluded becos SU's select and decide which pics are to be showcased in the "favourites" section. This is to avoid any misunderstandings or bias.

In any case, if you see a pic u like (by a SU or otherwise), pls feel free to post your positive comments and show your support in the respective threads. A little encouragement goes a long way to help everyone in APAD stay the course for the whole year.

:)

Just to clarify:

SU's pics are excluded becos SU's select and decide which pics are to be showcased in the "favourites" section. This is to avoid any misunderstandings or bias.

In any case, if you see a pic u like (by a SU or otherwise), pls feel free to post your positive comments and show your support in the respective threads. A little encouragement goes a long way to help everyone in APAD stay the course for the whole year.

:)
I know, I read it, but it's so unfair to leave them out of the fun just because.. Of all that.

But oh well, I know what you mean anyways.. Avoidance of trouble and all that jazz. =( And an exclusively SU corner would just look so wrong.

-edit-

But if a SU's picture receives a significant number of nominations it still can be in, no? Since this is nothing to do with SU - with the prior understanding that SUs cannot nominate, only select. This way at least if a SU produces a good photo it still can join in the fun! =) Just a suggestion, of course.

thanks for the feedback :)

the APAD SUs started this idea with the intention to dedicate a place exclusively to APAD participating members to showcase their works, mainly to encourage more interaction, and also to thank members for sharing their works frequently and the patience given while this section undergoes tuning from time to time. the SUs truly appreciate the support given, but we'll like to give the stage to members, so forgive us for not including our own pictures in this project :)

we're working out the nomination method, will be posting that up soon. do look out for your favourite pictures for this week!

also to add, as this is not meant to be a competition, please do not be discouraged if your works do not appear in this thread later on. everyone will produce something unique with constant practice, so keep up the good effort in your daily pictures!

Members' Nominations

A.

Nominations for each week will be accepted from Sunday till
2359 hr of the Tuesday
that follows.

e.g. nominations for this week (4th Jun to 10th Jun) will be
accepted from 10th Jun to 12th Jun (before midnight)

B.

Each member can nominate a maximum of 3 pictures per week.

Please send nominations via private message to any of the
APAD SUs (eikin/ortega/zaren) in the following format

private message:

1. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]
2. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]
3. [nominated member's nick] - [title of picture and date of picture]

C.

5 pictures with the most number of nominations will be posted
in a separate picture thread by the Friday that follow.

e.g. nominations for this week will be posted by 15th Jun

btw we think it'll be good to keep this thread open for discussion purposes, a separate thread will be created later for showcasing of works. :)

just to add, when we mentioned that the SUs' pictures will be excluded, we mean the 3 SUs who are working on APAD section (i.e. eikin, ortega, zaren)

pictures by the other SUs/Mods are welcomed for nominations since they are not involved in the running of this experimental project. apologies for not clarifying this earlier.

hi, i like the idea of the super users picking pictures.

member nominations is also a nice way of getting more involvement from everyone, but is there a risk of it becoming a popularity contest?

hi, i like the idea of the super users picking pictures.

member nominations is also a nice way of getting more involvement from everyone, but is there a risk of it becoming a popularity contest?

thanks for the feedback pai :)

good consideration raised, that's the reason why picking the pictures will be a mix between APAD SUs' pick and open nominations. we'll need to see how the trend goes after a few weeks to be able to judge if it's breeding popularity competition.

just a note that for nominations of pictures dated 4th June to 10th June, they can be sent via private message from now till 12th Jun. please send to any of the 3 APAD SUs, the format of the nomination message can be found in post #11 and post #1

Very good idea I must say. :D Thinking of starting a APAD thread myself.

nominations for pictures in the week 4 Jun - 10 Jun will end 2359 hr today! :)

there's a number of overlapping in the nominations between those selected by members and those selected by APAD SUs, as such, we'll post the final selections as combined selection without differentiation as to who chose the shots, this is to avoid double posting of pictures. will post the selections for last week in a new thread by tomorrow night :)