Avian shooters: NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, someone just revealed the exact location. but its already know to more than a thousand people. I knew about the nesting sometime back but did not go to shoot because I heard there were 25 photographers there.

I drop by today because of a migrant bird nearby. Went there took some shots of the mummy withe the chick and left. all in about 10 minutes. I also got what I went there for.;p

I noticed that there are some who did not take into consideration about stressing the parents. We must make effort to make our presence less noticeable to them. Wearing brightly colored clothing is a big distraction and I also see some silvered colored umbrellas.

May the chicks survive.

OMG, someone just revealed the exact location. but its already know to more than a thousand people. I knew about the nesting sometime back but did not go to shoot because I heard there were 25 photographers there.

I drop by today because of a migrant bird nearby. Went there took some shots of the mummy withe the chick and left. all in about 10 minutes. I also got what I went there for.;p

I noticed that there are some who did not take into consideration about stressing the parents. We must make effort to make our presence less noticeable to them. Wearing brightly colored clothing is a big distraction and I also see some silvered colored umbrellas.

May the chicks survive.

Actually it's an open secret, walking in one of the entrance, you will be able to see a whole array of 600mm pointing at the spot. Perhaps we should highlighted to the Nature Society?

Thanks for revealing the location once again. You seemed like adding oil onto fire.

Last edited:
Thanks for revealing the location once again. You seemed like adding oil onto fire.
i dont think i have reveal the“secret"... I only write what I saw which reflected to what Moderator talks abt ”dont overstress the bird“...

I am confused....what if I am alone and I saw a huge nest (because the birds are huge in nature) far away and I use a telephoto lens say 400 - 500mm and take a picture of it but I never use any flash and don't think I cause any disturbance. Is it still unethical? Or in the first place we should not take pictures of any nest even though I just keep the pictures to myself and never post them? :dunno:

The issue of ethical photography (overly using flash, going too near the nest etc) is a separate matter from the issue of posting photos of active nest sites and broadcasting their location. Yes, it might seem that 'everybody' already knows about it. And while it's probably true that the bunch of photographers who do know of the nest and frequent it are nature lovers who wish no harm, I don't think you can assume the same of everyone else who reads or comes across the thread. There ARE poachers and collectors who don't care about the animals, or simply people who get a kick from disturbing or destroying nests. Why risk giving these a free ride? I don't see what you have to lose by waiting a while till the chicks have fledged

To ALL the guidelines are set in 2008, 2 years back (in the sticky) and is still relevant . Yet many have not even bother to read before posting. And a second reminder has to be out.

There will not be any third reminder. We in ClubSNAP reserve the rights to delete any images that threaten the well being of the subject. As well as ban anyone who persist in flouting it.

It is very simple to observe the guideline.

If you do not agree to the guideline. Then no need to post here in ClubSNAP World of Nature, simple as that.

Please note that, I am aware of other Nature forums as well as blogs and each have their own views and practices. So there is no need for comparison cos I have sat with some of them together with NSS before and discuss about this issue of ethics in nature photography 2 years ago.

Last edited:
To ALL the guidelines are set in 2008, 2 years back (in the sticky) and is still relevant . Yet many have not even bother to read before posting. And a second reminder has to be out.

There will not be any third reminder. We in ClubSNAP reserve the rights to delete any images that threaten the well being of the subject. As well as ban anyone who persist in flouting it.

It is very simple to observe the guideline.

If you do not agree to the guideline. Then no need to post here in ClubSNAP World of Nature, simple as that.

Please note that, I am aware of other Nature forums as well as blogs and each have their own views and practices. So there is no need for comparison cos I have sat with some of them together with NSS before and discuss about this issue of ethics in nature photography 2 years ago.
What we are having here is a clearing of air regarding this saga and much had been learned. As nature and bird over, we do not wish to endanger our limited native species or any migrant. As had been stated by previous mod, it will be wiser not in post if in doubt.
I don't think at this juncture in time, there is a need to post in red fonts. Mod shoud let the thread runs its course rather than jump in aggressively and hint at banning anyone.
At no point in time did anyone said they do not agree to the guidelines and I did not see any comparison to other forum.
With due respect to chngpe, please advise if I am out of line and I will gladly remove this post.

i dont think i have reveal the“secret"... I only write what I saw which reflected to what Moderator talks abt ”dont overstress the bird“...

The person who posted the nest did not mention the location. Because of some black sheep here Shouting out loud the nest is that caused the nest flooded with camera. I hope you understand what mod is trying to say.Thanks.

Cool everyone, let wish it is another successful nesting and celebrate it by posting some beautiful photo after that. :)

What we are having here is a clearing of air regarding this saga and much had been learned. As nature and bird over, we do not wish to endanger our limited native species or any migrant. As had been stated by previous mod, it will be wiser not in post if in doubt.
I don't think at this juncture in time, there is a need to post in red fonts. Mod shoud let the thread runs its course rather than jump in aggressively and hint at banning anyone.
At no point in time did anyone said they do not agree to the guidelines and I did not see any comparison to other forum.
With due respect to chngpe, please advise if I am out of line and I will gladly remove this post.

Why do you need to be so defensive.

I am posting in Red because it seems no one read the guideline nor read the post carefully.

It is written in red "To All" not directed at you. And yet you take it personally

Yes I am aggressive and passionate as far as preserving and respecting nature is concern.

Last edited:
Why do you need to be so defensive.

I am posting in Red because it seems no one read the guideline nor read the post carefully.

It is written in red "To All" not directed at you. And yet you take it personally

Yes I am aggressive and passionate as far as preserving and respecting nature is concern.

I was not being defensive and there is no need for me to be as I am a very self-assured person, just trying to hint that RED is associated with aggression in correspondence and is not considered a polite way of putting one's point of view.
Apologies if I gave you the impressive of being a defensive person. Aggressions only beget more aggression.
To all bird-lovers, i believe our moderators have made their point clear and it is up to us as members of the avian lovers community to use our better judgment before shooting or posting any nesting activities.
Thank you chngpe01 for your passion in preserving our birding heritage.
I rest my case.

Well this is one good example of ppl not reading and observing the guidelines yet insist on posting and being unreasonable.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6454513#post6454513

Such attitude is not tolerated. And many a times ppl do not read unless it has to be posted louder (even that, it does not work in this case).

I rest my case too.

Love of nature need not invest in expensive equipment, many renowned naturalist only have a good pair of hiking shoes. :)

So quoting you invested tens of thousands dollars don't mean anything in loving the nature. :)

By posting without realizing what you are talking about does not make you a nature lover also. Many people who blow hot air are also self-proclaimed nature lover like yourself.:sweatsm::sweatsm::sweatsm:
so inversely you are condemning yourself! Please think before posting and not make a fool of yourself.

Do you really think all avian shooters love nature??? Including those give out Mac-fish or Mac-frog???:bsmilie:

do you think ppl like you are nature lover or self-serving whachamacallit!

Love of nature need not invest in expensive equipment, many renowned naturalist only have a good pair of hiking shoes. :)

So quoting you invested tens of thousands dollars don't mean anything in loving the nature. :)

I did not say I invested in tens of thousands dollars. Please don't put words in my mouth. i said I invested in expensive equipment and to me a dslr and lens that cost 1K and above is expensive.
By the way, perhaps you can teach me how to shoot small creatures 10 metres away using a pns.

People who knew me, will know. Others, i can't be bothered, as they wouldn't have any signification effect in what i'm doing. :)

By posting without realizing what you are talking about does not make you a nature lover also. Many people who blow hot air are also self-proclaimed nature lover like yourself.:sweatsm::sweatsm::sweatsm:
so inversely you are condemning yourself! Please think before posting and not make a fool of yourself.

So is trying to post the message across of what should be done correctly is a way of condeming oneself? Isn't this forum for sharing of knowledge or at least what we think is the correct thing to do?

I am a nature lover to a certain extent and while I do not claim to be all protective and will not harm the environment at all when I am out shooting, I do try to minimise it. And I WILL NEVER feed or introduce non-natural items in an attempt to attract or hold creatures for me to shoot. This is what I believe was the message that was being sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.