Astroimaging from Singapore

Hi all,

Here's to share a couple of deep sky objects that I caught a couple nights back. They were photographed from Singapore (from Toa Payoh central) using a telescope and narrowband (h-alpha) filter to cut off the light pollution. This shows that astrophotography is very much possible in Singapore :)

1. Flame and Horsehead Nebula
Total exposure: 34 x 300 seconds (2.8 hours)
22592107870_2392cd8aec_c.jpg

2. Rosette Nebula
Total exposure: 6 x 300 seconds (0.5 hours)
22780069115_dcf89bfcdf_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Here's an updated version, with colour data acquired from dark skies using a Canon 400D added to the monochrome data. The result is as follows:

22811547052_24f9a53188_c.jpg

The total exposure for this image adds up to about 3.3 hours. Whew!

Cheers!

Here's an updated version, with colour data acquired from dark skies using a Canon 400D added to the monochrome data. The result is as follows:

22811547052_24f9a53188_c.jpg

The total exposure for this image adds up to about 3.3 hours. Whew!

Cheers!

hi guys, can teach me how to take a not, also what type of lens do i need, noob here

Wow...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful. May I know what equatorial mount are you using?

>3hrs? You have a camera and mount onto the scope, and the scope track the earth/star movement/rotation?

outstanding!

Thank you!

>3hrs? You have a camera and mount onto the scope, and the scope track the earth/star movement/rotation?

3 hours of accumulated exposure, that is. A single exposure is about 5 minutes long, of which approximately 40 are taken. These ostensibly identical images are then stacked ("averaged") to create a single image with a total accumulated exposure roughly equivalent to a single 3-hour exposure.